Wednesday, August 8, 2007

From Jules to Jules

It's now final... I've sold my house. I received my copies of the final closing papers yesterday. It's a little bittersweet. Sweet in that I am finally free of it, particularly in such a poor housing market. Bitter in that I loved that house and put a lot of work into it and I lost quite a bit of money on it. But hopefully the new owners will get some enjoyment out of the work I put into it, particularly the gardens and the deck.

I never met the new owners, but heard their interesting story through a neighbor who knows them. Apparently a woman is buying the house to rent to her daughter and her daughter's girlfriend. The daughter's partner is named Julie. She is in the process of becoming a man, upon the completion of which she will be known as Jules. So the house passes from Jules to Jules. And, apparently, it's Julie (Jules) who really liked the gardens at the house. So there is some unique kind of continuity there, since there will still be a Jules there tending to the garden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is some weird continuity there for sure...i love it!

Anonymous said...

especially since you're not really Jules either...

Shannon said...

I love this cool little tidbit.