Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Enjoying Berkeley

We had our first local visitor to the house - my friend Myra Melford, the wonderful jazz pianist who now teaches at UC Berkeley. She stopped by on saturday to see the house and catch up, as it had been nearly a year since I've seen her.

Later that day, Stella, Jeffrey & I went to Tilden Park, which borders Berkeley in the hills to the east. It's quite large and is really a wonderful place! I'm so thrilled to have such amazing beauty so close to my home. We first hiked a trail in middle of the park, taking many photos along the way:


Finally we made our way up to the highest point in the park, on a trail called "Sea View". The views were stunning, although by this time the fog had already enveloped most of San Francisco.


The view east of Mount Diablo isn't too bad either:


All in all, a truly wonderful day in California.

4 comments:

Stella said...

You forgot to mention the 43lb weight we carried most of the way to the highest point in the East Bay! Whew. . .

Jules said...

well, yes. There was that 43lb weight. But I gotta give him props for making it as far as he did.

Anonymous said...

wonderful! how nice to have such a great place nearby. much nicer than the drive-by pellet shooting.

Shannon said...

It sounds absolutely stunning. That will be a "must do" when I get the chance to come visit.