Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Nebraska

Made it to Grand Island, Nebraska yesterday... about 800 miles, so we're ahead of schedule to make it to Berkeley in three days. It helps that we cross into a new time zone each day, giving us an extra hour of driving each day.

Last night was rough though... we tried about 6 motels before we found one that had vacancies and accepted pets. We finally found a Motel 6 which allows one pet, so we put both cats in a pet crate and brought them in. Surprisingly, they dealt with that pretty well. But while we were driving around looking for a motel, the muffler came detached from the exhaust system. So first thing this morning (7:30am) I called the nearest Midas and asked if they might be able to do something with it this morning. "I'll see what I can do..." the man says. I drive right there, they weld the thing back on in 10 minutes and say "you're all set".

"What do I owe you?", I ask.

"Nothing."

Wow. Fixed for free first thing in the morning. I'm still amazed. Now we can resume our cross country journey.

Stella is doing most of the driving so I can read the new Harry Potter book. I'm loving it!

No comments: