Monday, July 23, 2007

moving day

It’s been a while since I’ve blogged… I’ve been crazy busy with getting ready to move. To sum up since my last blog…

The going away party was great fun. Lots of people showed up… my “hippie” friends, my “free jazz musician” friends, Stella’s co-workers and Stella’s neighborhood friends. And no fights broke out given the vast differences in personalities. Quite amazing. Stella blogged more about the party, so check out hers to see more. She also made references to the tequila hangover I had the next day. Her blog is invite only, but if you ask nicely, she’ll invite you.

Then we had a series of dinners with various people. Much wonderful food was consumed and great conversation was had. I got to eat one last time at my now favorite Ann Arbor restaurant, Pacific Rim. They have a seared tuna dish that is absolutely stunning.

Today was the big moving day… after a weekend of frenzied packing, the moving van showed up at 9am this morning. I was out borrowing a friends pickup truck when it showed up, but I arrived home moments later.

They then took of for Stella’s place to load her stuff. Shannon came over and helped me load the two pickup trucks with trash and recycling, both of them filled. It’s absolutely amazing how much crap one gathers from living in one place for a while. We drove to the dump and emptied our loads then I was off to return the truck and stop by my office to say goodbye to my boss, who was on vacation the last 7 days and didn’t realize I would be gone when he returned to work today. Now there are a mere three employees at the Ann Arbor office of Net-Linx Publishing Solutions. And now I get to work from home in Berkeley, California. Pretty damn cool, if you ask me.

I’m about the head over to Stella’s to deal with the last of the trash, and then we’ll sleep on an air mattress tonight and hit the road first thing in the morning. I just wonder how much the cats will like being cooped up in the car for 3 days of travel.

Here they are, enjoying their last moments of freedom for a while.

If I get a chance to blog from the road, I will. Otherwise, see you in California!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs and good travels! I'll just have to come out and visit sometime.

Shannon said...

while I was there cleaning, I couldn't help but feel compelled to go over to those purple coneflowers and straighten them back up for ya.