Tuesday, July 10, 2007

almost on our way...

Yesterday the new movers came out to both our houses to give an estimate of moving costs. The cost is based on the total weight of our stuff. Good incentive to get rid of things. The estimate came in higher than we expected, but the guy also estimated our weight on the high side - 10,000 pounds. We're hoping we actually have closer to 8000. The estimate came to $9000, which is a lot of money, but probably worth it to insure our stuff is well handled and delivered on time. We also set the pickup date for Monday, July 23. I don't know whether we will start our long drive that day, or the following morning. I wonder how the cats will deal with 3-4 days in a car. I've called a vet to ask about some kind of kitty tranquilizers, but have not heard back yet.

Today is the buyer's home inspection of my house. Fortunately, they are not doing a radon test, which would involve completely shutting up the house for 48 hours. Since we are in the middle of a heat wave and i have no air conditioning, this would make the house unlivable for two days. This inspection is the last hurdle to the sale - if everything works out, the sale will be a done deal. wish us luck.

I'm glad that our drive happens to be timed to the release of the final Harry Potter book. Stella and I may have both finished it by the time we reach California.

3 comments:

Stella said...

I still think we should consider getting a copy of the last Harry Potter on CD. . . . and, by the way, you should call again about those kitty tranquilizers!

Zoe the Wonder Dog said...

Wow, you can read in the car? I'm impressed. Best to let me drive, it is about all I'm good for in the car :)

Anonymous said...

I knew I'd chck out your blog before I went to bed. I'll add the link to your blog on mine tomorrow.

I had a great time at your party tonight!!