Thursday, May 15, 2008

to blog or not to blog

It has been said that I never blog anymore. True, it has been a while since my last post. There may be a little laziness involved there. But I've also been questioning the purpose of blogging. There are 10,000,000 blogs out there and at least 99.9% of them are pointless drivel. We can count my blog among the blogs of pointless drivel. Do I really have anything to say worth spouting to the whole world in this format? Isn't it just a little narcissistic? I'm not a great writer. I'm not unusually insightful, eloquent or entertaining. I'm just a guy with a laptop. What's so special about that?

So that's my darker, more cynical side posing such questions. In reality, this blog isn't trying to be anything special. It's just a way to let my friends and family around the country know what I've been up to since I moved to California. If you're looking for social commentary, wry insight, political analysis, etc, you're probably in the wrong place. Not that I wouldn't love to offer you those things and more. And perhaps, from time to time, something special actually seeps into this blog. Or not. It doesn't matter. The point is that I'm back and I'm blogging.

We'll see how long it last...

2 comments:

Zoe the Wonder Dog said...

Ha! Was just pestering Stella today about how you never seem to blog anymore... So ya put up three posts just to prove me wrong, eh? That's okay, I love that I can drop in on your blog and get a tiny bit of your life.

I wonder what you'll think when you hit the two-year mark or the five-year mark and look back at the blog. Might it be a nice record/reminder of what moving to SF or turning 40 was like? Okay, maybe that is just the historian in me, but now that my blog has a bit of history to it, the odd bit of useless blather bothers me less and whole of it pleases me more.

Anyway, I hope you keep writing!

Shannon said...

yes, keep writing, and yes, you are a good writer.